email spam

email spam

Postby planetmars » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:56 am

I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm looking for advice on what could be going on with spam I'm receiving now. I have started receiving numerous 'bounce-back' type emails from all over the world saying that I am sending them spam. When I look at the message it appears to be coming from my main domain email, hosted at CWH. I don't believe I have a virus on my computer that is doing this, could it be something related to the webhosting? I'm sure this is a common issue, but not one that I've encountered before.

I appreciate any advice anyone can give me.
planetmars

Postby tony » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi,

It could be forged headers and make it appear that it is coming from your email address.

First thing you should do is just change the password to your email address just to be safe.

Then forward one of those bounce-back to our support department and let us take a look at it.
tony
CWH Staff

Re: email spam

Postby Stephanie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:37 pm

I am also having the same problem. I tried a few things. First thing you can do is to delete everything without even looking at them from the spam folder. You can also use the spam filter.
You can also report to the appropriate authorities. From the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, there are ways you can fight the spammers.
Write to your e mail service provider, explaining your whole problem. I wrote to yahoo last week and I am waiting for a reply.
You can also join one of the organizations dedicated to making spam illegal.
[url=http://www.datanumen.com/aor/]pst repair[/url]
Stephanie

Re: email spam

Postby zubair » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Every Email Server have different type of method. i am using Gmail when i start before i read it complete feature ho we can use it. tell me please which email brand you are using currently.
zubair

Return to Email