HELP!!!!

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

HELP!!!!

Postby JToms » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:45 am

Hi,

I need a bit of help here in building a site for my Mom.
I'm using a very basic program, Web Page Maker V2. I am familiar with Frontpage and Dreamweaver etc. but I honestly like the WPM better.
Anyway, WPM asks for a remote folder when publishing but have no idea what that may be as I didn't receive that in the email.
So...Ive just been uploading the files into my File Manager on the CPanel. BUT, when I upload images (.jpg or .gif) to the public_html folder, they don't seem to be incorporated into the page when published. If I use the html editor, then the page changes it's colours(haven't figured out how to prevent that) and I have to plug each image in manually. Is that the only way to do it?
The files are all exported to html before uploading to the File Manager. The temp. index file has been deleted etc.

Oh...and I'd like to put a short mp3 stream on the front page but it always seems to want to be in another page. Yeah, I know I'm a dunce. LOL.

I must be missing something really silly here I think. LOL.

Thanks for your help. Peace.
Jeff
JToms

Postby kevin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm not familiar with WPM but I use Frontpage which I assume is similar. Things get messed up when people use Frontpage on their home/office computer then use the file manager/ftp client to upload their content. Frontpage needs to publish in order for counters/forms/etc to work. I assume it's probably similar with WPM. The remote directory is usually 'www' or 'public_html' directory. If you still have problems, you might want to check with WPM support or see if they have a forum board to post.
kevin
CWH Staff

Postby newtothis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:45 am

wpm may have another setting other then remote folder look around ..
i use sitespinner and it also has that remote folder setting but it also has different settings for remote server or local folder....

you may want to ask in the wpm forum they shure would be able to help you faster then any of us who dont use it :)
newtothis

Return to General Help