MS SQL on my new Windows Pro Account

This is a good starting point

MS SQL on my new Windows Pro Account

Postby Lindsay » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am

Hi,

1. I added a MS SQL Database
2. I clicked on WebAdmin - from Plesk
3. I get redirected to mssql.mynewdomain

I will assume all of that is as it should be but DNS propagation hasn't reached me yet. Is there anyway other way I can work with my database?

If not my site will come to life broken ...

Thanks for any clarity on this one.
-Linds.
Lindsay

Postby scott » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Hello,

You will need to wait till the DNS propagation gets completed. For any further query.. feel free to send a mail to support@canadianwebhosting.com
scott

Re: MS SQL on my new Windows Pro Account

Postby Lindsay » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks Scott.

The CWH Support Team rules! You guys always answer my questions without laughing - or at least I can't hear you from here.

I had hoped what I read under the HELM control panel would work for me, i.e.: using my local SQL Server Management Studio to connect via IP. Instead I did wait and used ASP. Net Enterprise Manager. (If you're familiar with PHP MyAdmin after a few minutes with this app you'll want to cry.)

Just a follow-up question, am I assuming correctly that (the awesome) ASP. Net Enterprise Manager and a connection string from my website are the only ways to reach my database?

I see MSSQL on Windows VPS for $199/mth ... is there any other upgrade option for more control? DTS Packages? Connecting from Query Analyzer? etc.

Thanks!
Lindsay

Postby sfrancis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:15 pm

You can connect from your local machine to the SQL server management studio and you can access the database.

If you need any further assistance, please open a ticket at support at canadianwebhosting dot com and we shall assist further.
sfrancis

Postby sfrancis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 pm

You can connect from your local machine to the SQL server management studio and access the database.

If you need any further assistance, please open a ticket at support at canadianwebhosting dot com and we shall assist further.
sfrancis

Return to General Help