MySQL backups

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

MySQL backups

Postby BPR » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm

I have several MySQL applications that I would like to be able to backup and sometimes migrate between servers ... in the past I have had trouble with the MySQL commands using the php MyAdmin interface ... in particular having the commands truncated usually because of the size of the included data set.

Do you have either a remotely controlled batch facility or some on-site access for me to execute these commands with a direct connection while sitting in your Toronto Data Center?
BPR

Re: MySQL backups

Postby Aaron keefe » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:43 pm

If you are running MySQL migrations and backup of large database it is recommended to do it from shell rather than using PHPmyadmin. We recommend you to use a SSH connection and run this DB administration from command line.

If you have any further queries regarding this you can open a support request at support@canadianwebhosting.com
Aaron keefe

Re: MySQL backups

Postby BPR » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Thank you Aaron.

It now looks like I won't be able to use any of the shared hosting plans because of other issues ... I assume that SSH and Secure SSH are both available on all Linux VPS servers ... please confirm.

Is it also possible to setup an IPSEC VPN tunnel to a VPS server? ( to do file transfers before running either php MyAdmin or command line DB commands).
BPR

Return to Pre-Sales Questions