PHP, global variables and the session directives

PHP, global variables and the session directives

Postby rleathen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:01 am

I have just recently moved many of my clients websites to CWH. A couple of simple forum applications that made use of a username variable set by the php security application used on the website are no longer functioning on the CWH servers (the variable that is being set in the php security application using the appropriate session directives is not accessable by the php forum application or is not being set since the php forum app. sees the variable as being null).

Could somebody explain in somewhat simple terms (I can read and pretty much understand PHP and make minor changes but can not necessarily write php code) how session variables work. More specifically are there any webserver global php settings that affect the storage/use of global variables, php settings that may have been set on the old webservers but not on the CWH webservers.

Any assistance that can be provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
rleathen

Postby divya » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Hello,

You can have a detailed check about php sessions at the following link:
http://in2.php.net/session

We have turned off several php variables in our server due to security reasons. However those variables can be turned on for a particular domain.

Maybe, any of the PHP variables you are using on your server is disabled on our server and you forum is not working due to this. Please drop a mail to support@canadianwebhosting.com with your forum link. We will check the respective PHP variables and fix it for you.

Regards,
Divya
divya

Return to PHP