Starting a gaming clan

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

Starting a gaming clan

Postby Windowman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi there. I have started a gaming clan and have just gotten a server up and running. My question is; I need a place to store maps and mods for the game we play and to use for file transfer of these maps and mods through our gameing server. They say I have to set up an ftp server, or something like that. It is a redirect from the server to a website where the maps and mods are stored and then downloaded onto a gamers computer so they can play the same maps and mods on our server.

I hope I explained myself correctly. I am new to this kind of stuff. Is this possible through your company. If so, I will definately be getting a hosting package from you.

Thanks in advance

Windowman
Windowman

Postby scott » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 am

Hello Windowman :)

Yes... we can do that for you...

Please have a look on the site http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/standard_hosting.asp

It shows our various hosting plans. You can see almost all plans supports file transfer protocol (ftp). Please make choice of your plan and get started.

You can always get back to us for any further query on this regard... :)
scott

Postby Windowman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:28 am

Thank you very much. I will definately compare your plans and see what package I need. I did briefly look over them and the CA Value plan is the one I am leaning towards, but I will check the other plans before making a decision.

Thanks again

Windowman
Windowman

Postby Windowman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:12 am

I am getting ready to purchase my web hosting plan and I was just wondering if there are help files or tutorials that will help me set up my website for download redirects through my game server. I have a Call of Duty United Offensive server and want to use the website for map and mod download redirects. I am not sure how to set things up.

Thanks much

Windowman
Windowman

Postby kevin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:53 pm

For specific questions, just email our technical dept and we will be glad to help you.
kevin
CWH Staff

Return to Pre-Sales Questions