Addon domains

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

Addon domains

Postby thee17 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:03 pm

How do you add an addon domain?
thee17

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:48 pm

For add-on domains it is a feature in your control panel under "Add-on Domains". You will need to have a plan which will give you atleast one add-on domain name. You may contact our sales for additional info.

Tony

I can help

Postby Ryan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:31 am

If you need help addon domains and setting up the structure in which it will read off of let me know and I will take you through the steps.

Ryan Thompson
Ryan

Addon domains

Postby Adam » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:36 pm

I have a virtual reseller account, but when I attempt to activate an addon domain (shakelight.ca), I get this message:

"The subdomain, globaled.theglobaleducationproject.org has been added.

The following domain is not configured for this account: globaled/test/shakelight.ca.theglobaleducationproject.org

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, globaled.theglobaleducationproject.org has been removed.

shakelight.ca could not be setup. The subdomain globaled/test/shakelight.ca.theglobaleducationproject.org was not setup either. "

I don't really understand this message or how the addon domain system works. The shakelight.ca DNS has been pointed to Canadian Webhosting's server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam
Adam

Postby admin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 pm

Hi,

Ok, I think most people make this mistake (including me)

In the addon domains section:

New Domain Name: <------ yourdomain.com

Username/directory/subdomain Name: <----this actually means only 1 name, ie, test

Password: <------ test

Sorry for the late late late reply, I've been outta the loop. hehe.

Alan.
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Help