Hosting multiple websites (domains) on one account?

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

Hosting multiple websites (domains) on one account?

Postby hpagnacco » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm looking to move 3 websites and would like to know if they can all be hosted on the same account.

And is email possible for each domain?

Thanks!
hpagnacco

Postby divya » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:32 am

Hello,

It is possible to host 3 domain under one account. You can add two domains as an addon/parked domain under the main domain domain.

Individual email address is possible for all the domains.

Regards,
Divya
CWH Support.
divya

Postby Rus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I have tried this with one of my websites and I can access the site by its domain, but after clicking a link it goes to the first domain/seconddomain

Am I doing something wrong or is that the way its supposed to work?

I'd like to show some examples so its clear what I'm saying but I keep getting an error that I haven't got enough posts to put up links. :(

Thanks.
Rus

Postby Derek » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Hello,

Addon domain is just like hosting another website. If you are creating any addon domain, then you need to mention about the webroot directory of the addon domain during creation as it fetch web-content from that directory. For example: Suppose you have a site mydomain.tld and you wish to host another site with different web-content, then create an addon domain (say second.tld). when you access this addon domain, it will access the web-content form /public_html/second. You can change the name of the addon directory as per your wish.

If you wish to access the main site by another domain name, then create a parked domain.

Warm Regards,
Derek
Derek

Return to Pre-Sales Questions