Few VPS questions

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

Few VPS questions

Postby wjx7arlock » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm looking to move a couple of web sites from large us/uk based service providers to something closer to home.

We are not overly busy sites but require some basics.

We use a forum software as a basic communication tool. Not huge but our current provider drastically limits the MySQL connections.. causing even 5-10 users online to cause trouble. Do you limit MySQL size or connection? (our current is in the 40meg range with about 3000 users and no more than 10 or so on at any time. (we're a relatively small community.)

Emails. We use email to communicate with key representatives and some members. We've had trouble in the past with hotmail receiving / allowing emails to go to our ppl. (we're not talking mass emails but simple regular emails via the included email servers. This was an issue with the ISP and Hotmail.. I did not entirely understand the reasoning behind why the issue had occurred.

I prefer to have our systems using the latest most secure server software available... Its important to our members/customers that their information is secure. We've had no end of trouble trying to upgrade software as simple as plesk and fedora do you manage the vps so that this is the case

Do you support ssh? If not what method of updating backing up and restoring a MySQL DB's do you us?

We only have 3 but are there any limits on number of MySQL DB's? we could have.

Name servers. Are they local or part of the vps?

I'm curious what your uptime is. and are there guarantee's?

I'm no expert to networks or serves. I am a software developer and am learning as I go.. I see you have this forum and 24hr customer service.. bottom line what kind of help I can expect if I get stuck or need advice on how to set this up and configure this right.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks

oh and I screwed up when I created my account. any chance you could change it to warlock... something happened... didn't notice to keyboard messup when I submitted my account.

Cheers.
Glorcs.com
wjx7arlock

Postby divya » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Hello,

We use a forum software as a basic communication tool. Not huge but our current provider drastically limits the MySQL connections.. causing even 5-10 users online to cause trouble. Do you limit MySQL size or connection? (our current is in the 40meg range with about 3000 users and no more than 10 or so on at any time. (we're a relatively small community.)
We do not have any specific limit on the DB size. However, the size should not be greater than 2GB. We look at resource usage so keep in mind that your usage should be below 25% of server resources in any 10 min interval. Also, the simultaneous Mysql connections should not be greater than 400 at a time.

Emails. We use email to communicate with key representatives and some members. We've had trouble in the past with hotmail receiving / allowing emails to go to our ppl. (we're not talking mass emails but simple regular emails via the included email servers. This was an issue with the ISP and Hotmail.. I did not entirely understand the reasoning behind why the issue had occurred.
The hotmail can reject mails due to a number of reasons. The email policy of hotmail are like, they do not accept mails sent from the IP addresses that are listed in any of the spam database. The IP address of your ISP might have listed in any spam DB and the hotmail blocked the mail due to this.

I prefer to have our systems using the latest most secure server software available... Its important to our members/customers that their information is secure.
We do provide the latest most secure server softwares. All the information will be secured. You can specify your requirements while signing up.

Do you support ssh?
Yes, we do support ssh.

We only have 3 but are there any limits on number of MySQL DB's? we could have.
We do not limit the number of MySQL DB's.

Name servers. Are they local or part of the vps?
All VPS servers need to have custom name servers. We do provide two ip addresses for you to create them based on your domain name.

I'm curious what your uptime is. and are there guarantee's?
We offer
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee.

I see you have this forum and 24hr customer service.. bottom line what kind of help I can expect if I get stuck or need advice on how to set this up and configure this right.
We do provide 24/7 chat, email and phone support. You can use any of these methods for contacting us. It is always better to use email, so that it is easier to keep track of all your requests.

Looking forward for a great business relationship.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Divya
divya

Postby wjx7arlock » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Great thanks.
Glorcs.com
wjx7arlock

Postby wjx7arlock » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:11 am

I went to sign up and noticed a linux vps basic as a selection but I couldn't find any specs on it to compare against the standard.

Is it still an option?
Glorcs.com
wjx7arlock

Postby divya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Hello,

Currently available VPS options are as mentioned in:
http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/vps.asp

If you want any custom plans, please send a mail to sales@canadianwebhosting.com.

Regards,
Divya
divya

Return to Pre-Sales Questions