How can I get e-mail address aliases?

How can I get e-mail address aliases?

Postby cosmin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:36 am

Greetings,

I'm a new customer, and I'm trying to set up new e-mail address "infrastructure".

I want to have one e-mail address for my domain: globexportal[dot]com:
cosmin[at]globexportal[dot]com (which I already set-up and it's working fine).

However I would like to set up various aliases for this e-mail address so that if people send an e-mail to: webmaster[at]globexportal[dot]com or marketing[at]globexportal[dot]com, etc... I want those addresses to point to the main address listed above.

I'd rather not set-up a "Catch All" type of forwarding" because from past experiences this generates a lot of spam from made-up addresses by the spammers; eg. johnny@... bobby@... , etc...

Do I have to set-up separate e-mail accounts for all these "aliases", and then do forwarding for each one individually so that I get all the e-mail in one inbox? :cry:

I'd rather keep one e-mail address account for the domain, and have a list of approved Catch-All aliases; while everything else would get rejected.

Thank you very much for any help,
Cosmin
cosmin

Re: How can I get e-mail address aliases?

Postby jeffrey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello Cosmin,

There is no need to create each email address and forward them. You can directly setup the forwarders from the 'Mail-->Forwarders' section in your cPanel interface.

Even if the email account does not exist, mails coming to the forwarding address will get delivered to the destination mailbox you specify.

Regards,
Jeffrey
CWH Staff
jeffrey

Return to Email