Database size limit?

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

Database size limit?

Postby renew » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:34 am

Is there a (mysql) database size limit for the "CA Value" plan? Or is the database(s) size counted towards the storage limit of 125GB? I'm asking because some webhosters do have a database size limit that is different from the advertised storage space...
renew

Postby tony » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:05 am

We do not have any specific limit on the DB size. We look at resource usage so keep in mind that your usage should be below 25% of server resources in any 10 min interval.

Hope this answers your question.
tony
CWH Staff

Postby Sava » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:06 am

Greeting from Montréal,

Hello, I'm thinking of moving my existing forum to CWH, I'd like to ask some information before doing so please.

As your staff member stated above, CWH does not limit the database size, however you require that the database resources not exceed 25%/10 min interval.

We're currently having a PHP forum software (ICT infinitecore do[t] com, also created by a Canadian ;)), database size about 200Mb. I would expect not more than 50-100 users accessing our forum at any random time.

Would you say CHW's CA Value is for me? And if I only find out that it is not after moving my site to yours, what are my other options?

Last thing, sales question, it says $8.95/m for 2 years. Does it require a one time payment for the whole period of 2 years? or else how does it work?

Thank you very much,

Looking forward to move my site from US server to back home.

Sava,
Sava

Postby Thomas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:09 am

Hello :)

CA value will provide you enough room for your forum. If you find necessary to upgrade your current plan, you certainly can, this is easy and there is no extra charges associated with it(new plans charges are applicable).

It doesn't require a one time payment. You can pay this as you wish(minimum $8.95/m). If you wish to pay in bulk's of 2,1 year or 6 months, certainly you can. It all depends upon you.

looking forward for a long relationship with you.....
Thomas

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:01 am

Hi,

Correction: you will need to pay it all at once if you want the discount of $8.95/month. If you decide to pay month to month, then it's $9.95/month.

Thank you

Kevin
kevin
CWH Staff

Return to Pre-Sales Questions