Canadian Webhosting very unreliable!

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

Canadian Webhosting very unreliable!

Postby kaseli » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:20 am

I've been with CW for over 2 years now and am very disappointed and frustrated. I'm moving to a different company.

My server is down frequently. When you call tech support they always say they're aware of it and that they're working on it, but the server still keeps going down. This has been ongoing and it's not getting any better.

I've started to make a log and keep running this by customer support occasionally. They have given me a credit by extending my contract, but that's not a solution. I lose customers when my site is down and no credit of theirs is going to fix that.

Lousy tech support - they make you feel like you bug them when you call with a problem.

Not worth the hassle. I'm moving on.

Buyer beware
kaseli

Postby tony » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi,

I have looked into this particular issue and it seems there was a questbook spam which caused extremely high load the server. It was however resolved within a reasonable time and services were restored to their normal operations.

We do our best to keep a high uptime on all our servers and we do respond quickly to server problems. There is just no way to keep a 100% uptime on a shared environment.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience while you were hosted at our servers. When you request a cancellation on your account, I will make sure our billing make a refund on your remaining contract term.
tony
CWH Staff

Postby Rick » Mon May 12, 2008 8:58 pm

That is unfortunate.

I started my site in 2002 and went through two other hosts before trying this one in, I believe, 2005. Perhaps it can be the luck of the server. In my experience this host is so far ahead of the others for reliability it's not quite close. I have recommended others to it and I know one signed up recently.
Rick

Postby CobraCDN » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:33 am

I for one am very impressed with CWH. I messed things up last night, went to the help center and sent in a request for assistance. Got an e-mail back with in minutes that they were working on it. Again within minutes both my sites were back up. Now the prob was not with CWH, it was something I had done... and still they jumped right on it. Good job CWH!!! I'll be sticking with you!
Cheers
Marcel

tony wrote:Hi,

I have looked into this particular issue and it seems there was a questbook spam which caused extremely high load the server. It was however resolved within a reasonable time and services were restored to their normal operations.

We do our best to keep a high uptime on all our servers and we do respond quickly to server problems. There is just no way to keep a 100% uptime on a shared environment.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience while you were hosted at our servers. When you request a cancellation on your account, I will make sure our billing make a refund on your remaining contract term.
CobraCDN

Postby scott » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:49 am

Hello Marcel :)

Thank you for the feedback.

Looking forward for a long and stable relationship with you :D
scott

re: unreliable

Postby canadarentals » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm

I have been with CWH for almost 2 years now and finally just cancelled my account. I really wanted to like you all, but there was, especially this past year, almost not a week, where my site wasn't down for some reason.
Sometimes, it seemed to happen daily.
Your support people were generally very responsive when I sent in tech support tickets (which numbered in the hundreds), but I just simply couldn't get my site (which is pretty simple) to be up for more than a few days in a row.
None of the issues causing my site to go down were ever my fault.

I just asked for a cancellation and a refund on the remainder of my term, and they said that I can't get a refund on the remainder of my term, and that my account will stay active until the next renewal date -

Well, here's the reply:
"Unfortunately we cannot provide refunds after 30 days on pre-paid plans. Your next bill date is on 12/20/2008. I can put a note on your file saying that you will not be renewing. The hosting service will remain active until that date but please make sure you download all of the files as the account will be removed on that date."

The whole thing is very disappointing. I was always very courteous and patient with CWH but the problems were just way too many.

The response to my cancellation request was the icing on the cake.
canadarentals

Postby scott » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:41 am

Hello Marcel :)

Please mail our billing department on billing@canadianwebhosting.com on your request. You will get a better update from them through mail.
scott

Postby Brian Hay » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I have been with Canadian Web Hosting for about a year now and have nothing but good things to say about my experience here. More often then not (almost always) on the rare occasions my site goes down it is because of something I have done and regardless of why it goes down they always have it up and running again in no time. If you are looking for 100% up time you won't find it anywhere. I think the service I get here as close as it gets and am more than happy with it.
Brian Hay
spyderhoe.ca
Brian Hay

Postby randy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Hello Brian,

Thank you so much for the feedback.

:)
randy

Postby peakydh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Brian Hay wrote:I have been with Canadian Web Hosting for about a year now and have nothing but good things to say about my experience here. More often then not (almost always) on the rare occasions my site goes down it is because of something I have done and regardless of why it goes down they always have it up and running again in no time. If you are looking for 100% up time you won't find it anywhere. I think the service I get here as close as it gets and am more than happy with it.

I agree with you when you say 100% uptime is unable to be found anywhere. I found that out the long, hard way. :)
peakydh

Postby smisha » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 am

Yes, that's true. We will do our best to provide you 100% uptime :).
smisha

Unreliable

Postby satch666 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 pm

I've been about three years . I live in Quebec . I gotta say there hasn't been a lot of down time for me . Great service and great response time . :D
satch666

Postby Doobs67 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Brian Hay wrote:I have been with Canadian Web Hosting for about a year now and have nothing but good things to say about my experience here. More often then not (almost always) on the rare occasions my site goes down it is because of something I have done and regardless of why it goes down they always have it up and running again in no time. If you are looking for 100% up time you won't find it anywhere. I think the service I get here as close as it gets and am more than happy with it.

I too have been pretty impressed with CWH. I have not experienced much down time, and support has been pretty good.
Doobs67

Postby Edward » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:08 pm

[/quote]I too have been pretty impressed with CWH. I have not experienced much down time, and support has been pretty good.[/quote]

Well really it was impressing. I don;t have any personal experince with it but i have heard form my friends about that.
Edward

Return to General Help