simple machines forums

This is a good starting point

simple machines forums

Postby iaccountant » Tue May 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi all,

I have spent several hours researching BBs and found Simple Machines Forums to be a solid alternative with clear documentation\help etc

Then I find out that on the "sales page", it says you currently support phbb and SMF ....so I am ecstatic....and it says you have Fantastico, which has scripts available that can be used with SMF

But I have a two other websites hosted here, and I went to look for both SMF and Fantastico...and a), no Fantastico, and b) it says there's an easy cpanel install of YaBB (which from my research is a fore runner of SMF)...but no reference to SMF

Kindly tell me how I get to both Fantastico and the SMF "support" here???
iaccountant

Postby divya » Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Hello,

Please send in a request to support@canadianwebhosting.com with your domain name so that we will check the possibility of enabling fantastico/smf for your account.

Regards,
Divya
CWH Support
divya

Re: simple machines forums

Postby peakydh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:14 pm

iaccountant wrote:Hi all,

I have spent several hours researching BBs and found Simple Machines Forums to be a solid alternative with clear documentation\help etc

Then I find out that on the "sales page", it says you currently support phbb and SMF ....so I am ecstatic....and it says you have Fantastico, which has scripts available that can be used with SMF

But I have a two other websites hosted here, and I went to look for both SMF and Fantastico...and a), no Fantastico, and b) it says there's an easy cpanel install of YaBB (which from my research is a fore runner of SMF)...but no reference to SMF

Kindly tell me how I get to both Fantastico and the SMF "support" here???

Hi mate,

What is fantastico?

Thanks.
peakydh

Postby scott » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:18 am

Hello,

Fantastico is a commercial script library that automates the installation of web applications to a website.

It supports all the needed script libraries such as wordpress, phpbb forum, smf, gallery, blog ..etc

Fantastico scripts are executed from the administration area of a website control panel such as cPanel.
scott

Return to General Help