Reseller Account - Pre-sale Questions

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

Reseller Account - Pre-sale Questions

Postby tienlung » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 am

Hi there...

I've been out of touch with the web hosting world as I've been with the same company now for many years. What I didn't realize is that I've been paying a ton of money for not a lot of bandwidth or disk space. What was a great deal five years ago, apparently isn't anymore! LOL

I am considering moving opening a reseller account with Canadian Webhosting but I have a few questions first. :)

1. Is is possible to have Canadian Webhosting transfer my current accounts over to the new account, or would that have to be done manually?

2. I am considering moving to a CMS called ModX. Is this something that is permitted on reseller accounts and is it something that I can administer without assistance from technical support? (My current web host requires them to set up MySQL databases, etc.)

3. I do a lot of database stuff, though they are small. Is there a limit on the number of MySQL databases set up on the reseller account?

4. Do the reseller accounts come with all the "bells and whistles" that are available on the standard hosting CA Pro plan?

Any additional information you could provide would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

Kirstan
tienlung

Postby scott » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:43 am

Hello :)

Yes, you can choose our reseller hosting plan from here: http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/resellers.asp .

1) We will transfer your website files for free of charge. Please refer: http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/site_transfer.asp .

2) You can install and administer ModX on your reseller accounts. We support the requirements for ModX.

3) There is no particular limit on the no: of Mysql databases that can be set up on the reseller account.

4) Yes, you will get all the features of standard hosting CA Pro plan in the reseller package. The only difference is in the disk space and bandwidth provided with the hosting package.

Please open a ticket to sales@canadianwebhosting.com to purchase our reseller hosting plan. :)
scott

Return to Pre-Sales Questions