domain

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

domain

Postby C.Hingston » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:40 pm

i'm not sure how the domain works. If i decide to register a domain somewhere i pay them so much a month, then i host my site with you, but how do i link my site hosted with you to the domain i've registered? How long will the process take. Also with a cpanel hosted site can i use websites i've created in dreamweaver or iweb?
C.Hingston

Postby randy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 am

Hello,

The first step to host a website is registering the domain name. You can register the domain name with any registrar.

Then you can sign-up for a hosting account with us. Once you sign-up with us, we will provide you with the account details, which include the 'name server' details. It's with these nameservers, you're going to link the domain name with us. :wink: The name servers will help the requests to your websites to reach our server.

Now back to the registrar. Once you register the domain name, you will have a domain name management control panel at the registrar. You can login in that control panel and enter the nameserver details we provide. When you update the nameservers at the registrar, and the update has been propagated around the world through internet - that you are using our nameservers, your website will start to resolve to our server. It will take 12 - 24 hours for the update to propagate around the world.

You can design your website using Dreamweaver or Iweb and upload or transfer those files to your hosting account. You will be able to connect to your account from those web designing softwares, using the account login details we provide, and transfer the website files.

:)
Last edited by randy on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
randy

Postby constantinum » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 am

hi,
the website name is technically called as the domain name.. first u have to register it
constantinum

Postby jocoolguy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:58 pm

thats right...have to register domain first...
jocoolguy

Return to Pre-Sales Questions