Outgoing Connection

This is a good starting point

Outgoing Connection

Postby srjreid » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm

I am having troubles making an outgoing connection through a PHP script. I am trying to connect to another server whose port is not 80 or 443. Is the reason I cannot connect to the server because outgoing connections on other ports is not allowed?

Thanks.
srjreid

Postby randy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 am

Please make sure connections from our server's IP address is accepted at the other server on that particular port.

If you still experience any problem, please open a ticket at support@canadianwebhosting.com, with the following details:

1) IP address and port to which you are trying to connect.
2) The name and location of the PHP script you use
3) Steps to recreate the problem.
randy

Postby srjreid » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 pm

I'll have to give this another try again soon. I am pretty busy at the moment, but it relates to something known as Push Notifications for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch devices using OS 3.0 and up.

Push Notifications are a way for users to get updates from their iPhone Apps even when the App itself is not running. When an App is not running, a little "badge" or notification symbol appears on the App's icon.

A notification can originate from my website and internal database, and it can be sent outward through a PHP script. However, I am getting connection time-out errors which could be caused by any number of reasons. As I've stated earlier, I'll give it another try when I am less busy :wink:
srjreid

Return to General Help