Creating a Forms

General help with the Plesk control panel

Creating a Forms

Postby rachelley124 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm trying to set up a form and not sure how...

SOME INFO:
- I'm using Plesk, not CPanel.

- I read the topic on the CWH Forum regarding FormMail...I do not have this cgi-bin.

- I'm using Dreamweaver as an editor

FORM FUNCTIONALITY:
- basically users will enter their info (name, email, and message). Upon clicking "SUBMIT", their info will go to my email

WHERE I'M AT:
I could use someone's input on how to set this up:

- Do I need to save my file as .aspx or .php?

- I have this code below...what do I put as action???

<form id="contact" name="contact" action="" method="POST" style="width:500px;">

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
rachelley124

Re: Creating a Forms

Postby jeffrey » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Hello,

Basically, in the action field, you will have to put the relative path or URL to the form script that will actually take the contents from your form page and email it to any email address you specify.

The form page can be done in HTML, but the page to which the values are submitted will have to be done in any scripting language like ASP, PHP, Perl etc.

Since you say that you are using Plesk and not cPanel, I am assuming that you are using our windows hosting package. In that case you can use the ASPEmail component installed in our Windows servers to setup the form.

If you are not familiar with using ASPEmail, just send an email to support@canadianwebhosting.com mentioning your domain name and requirement and we shall place a sample script under your web root which you can compare and adapt to your own form page.

Warm Regards,
Jeffrey
Canadian Web Hosting.
jeffrey

Return to General Help