52nd Annual Grammy Awards Jan. 31, 2010

52nd Annual Grammy Awards Jan. 31, 2010

Postby Henry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:00 pm

This took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Neil Young was honored as the 2010 MusiCares Person of the Year and Beyoncé won a total of six awards breaking the record for most wins by a female artist in one night. Taylor Swift won four while the Black Eyed Peas, Jay-Z and Kings of Leon won three. Artists who won two awards include Colbie Caillat, Eminem, Kanye West, Lady Gaga, Maxwell, Jason Mraz, A. R. Rahman and Rihanna.

The Recording Academy honored the late Michael Jackson with a tribute during the Grammy telecast. It featured a 3D mini movie that was designed for his This is It Tour of his song Earth Song. This piece was seen for the first time ever at the Grammy telecast. Michael's children Prince and Paris Jackson received the Michael Jackson Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of their father.

This was a good award show!
Henry

Re: 52nd Annual Grammy Awards Jan. 31, 2010

Postby Alan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 am

I thought it was ok. I was a bit disappointed in the performances. The Beyonce one was, meh.....she had all these dudes in uniforms come out but the didn't do crap. I was expecting like a Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation thing...but the just stood there like bodyguards....lame.

Now this! is a good live awards performance! Not the Grammys, but good show nonetheless. I remember watching this on TV! Sting is the man!

Alan

Return to The Lounge