Olympics Memorable Moment

Olympics Memorable Moment

Postby kevin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:06 pm

What is your most memorable moment of the games?

Mine was seeing Rochette skate a couple of days after the sudden death of her mother

Coming close second is overtime game winner by Sidney Crosby!
kevin
CWH Staff

Re: Olympics Memorable Moment

Postby Alan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:21 pm

I think the first gold medal from freestyle skier Alexandre Bilodeau was pretty special. Considering all the pressure and hype...got the monkey off our backs!
Alan

Postby Diane36D » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm

First gold at home, great! Rochette's skate after mother's death great! Most golds at home venue, great! Winning the hockey game, great! All of the other members of the various Canadian Olympic teams, medals or not, great!

All of that was certainly memorable, but the most memorable event of the 2010 Olympics happened just a few minutes after the games were officially closed. It was the audience's response to 4 words, "Hi, my name is Mike". Now THAT was a defining moment for Canada if ever there was one. I'd like to add my cheers and best wishes for "Mike" and for all the great work he is doing.
Diane36D

Postby tony » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:24 am

I agree, I love Mike :)
tony
CWH Staff

Postby Teo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:30 pm

For me it was watching Alexandre Bilodeau win Canada’s first gold medal; the second was nervously watching US and Canada playing overtime and then jumping out of my chair when Sidney Crosby scored the golden goal and third was hearing the loud cheers for Mike during the closing moments.
Teo
CWH Staff

Postby Henry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

For me, its a tie between Alexandre Bilodeau first gold medal for Canada on home soil and Sidney Crosby scoring the golden goal. :D
Henry

Return to The Lounge