The Vancouver Canuck's Henrik Sedin wins the Art Ross Trophy

The Vancouver Canuck's Henrik Sedin wins the Art Ross Trophy

Postby Henry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:47 am

Henrik Sedin's unforgettable season culminated with a trophy few ever thought he would win.

The Vancouver Canucks forward became the ninth different player in as many seasons to claim the Art Ross Trophy as NHL scoring leader on Sunday. His final total of 112 points was three better than superstars Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, who each had a chance on the final day of the season to take a run at the trophy.

Sedin's season ended with a magnificent four-assist night against the Calgary Flames on Saturday. After that, he was forced to wait and see if he'd become the first Canucks player ever to lead the league in scoring.

"I can't do anything about it," Sedin said after Saturday's game. "I'm still going to look back and be proud of what the team has done and what our line has done.

"I've done what I've had to. He's one of those players that can pop five points on any given night. We'll see."

Even though he was speaking about Ovechkin, it was Crosby who tried to mount an unlikely late comeback.

Here is the link for more details: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/04/ ... on-wrap-0/

On another note, Canucks is in the playoffs and will be playing the LA Kings first game on Thursday 7pm at GM place.

Go Canucks Go!
Henry

Return to The Lounge