Setup e-mail forward to two accounts

Setup e-mail forward to two accounts

Postby PeterC » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:57 am

Hi,

I need to setup an e-mail forward that will take mail sent to one address and then forward it to two other accounts.

Can this be done? I've tried to set this up, but it always fails when i try to add the second address.

Thanks for your time.

PeterC
PeterC

Postby tony » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Yes this can be done. If you are on Cpanel, just add each forwarder separately.
tony
CWH Staff

Postby Howard Kaplan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Another alternative is to use filtering rather than forwarding. I actually found filtering easier to use, because I want to direct any of three different To: addresses (husband.and.wife@..., wife.and.husband@..., both@...) to be delivered to each of two personal accounts. This would take six forwarders, but I can do it all within a single filter.

Also, a forwarder will leave a copy of the forwarded message behind in the originally-adressed inbox, while a filter can be set to delete the incoming message after sending the copies to the right destinations. I've seen documentation of other cPanel installations where the message can be automatically deleted after forwarding, but that option is apparently not available here.
Howard Kaplan
Toronto, Ontario
Howard Kaplan

Re: Setup e-mail forward to two accounts

Postby cdec9423 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:06 pm

In relation to this, is there a way of seeing whether or not the message was forwarded? As in some kind of forwarded sent folder? I have an issue where emails with a particular subject line are sent to me as well as forwarded to another address. It has worked flawlessley, however in once instance the person who recieves the forwarded messages claims to not have recieved it. I suspect it is likely a problem on their end, but I want to know if there is a way to confirm it was sent.
cdec9423

Re: Setup e-mail forward to two accounts

Postby randy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 am

Hi,

There's no separate folder to store the forwarded message.

We can verify whether a message is successfully delivered or not from the email logs. If you can provide us with the details of the forwarded message : - sender's address, address from which it's forwarded and Subject line, we can verify the logs. Please send us the details to support@canadianwebhosting.com
randy

Return to Email