Modern Family Wins Big at Emmys

Modern Family Wins Big at Emmys

Postby Henry » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Modern Family is now Emmy family. The life-affirming, spiritually upbeat comedy about an extended, multi-generational family was judged to be TV's best comedy at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards Sunday at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.

Modern Family also won Emmys for its writing and for supporting actor Eric Stonestreet, who plays cheerful, ever-optimistic gay father Cameron Tucker in the first-year comedy, which is filmed documentary-style. Modern Family won five Emmys overall, the most of any series.

"All I wanted to be, when I was growing up, was a clown in the circus," a visibly overwhelmed Stonestreet said. "A lot of people say, 'Don't pursue acting for a living; it's too difficult.' It is difficult. . . . But this is amazing."

Stonestreet edged fellow Modern Family nominees Ty Burrell and Jesse Tyler Ferguson to win the award.

Glee, which led all series with 19 nominations, was not left out in the cold. Emmy voters sang the first-year musical comedy's praises with four Emmys overall, including awards for supporting actress Jane Lynch, guest actor Neil Patrick Harris and co-creator Ryan Murphy, for directing. Glee won an Emmy earlier in the week for its sound mixing.

Emmy voters proved they're still mad for Mad Men. The period ensemble drama set in the advertising milieu of Madison Ave. in the early 1960s scored a three-peat, winning its third consecutive Emmy for outstanding drama series over a field that included Dexter, Breaking Bad, True Blood, Lost and first-time nominee The Good Wife.

Interestingly, although Mad Men has now won 13 Emmys in three years, including best drama every season it's been eligible, it has yet to win a single Emmy for its acting.

Read more at this link: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... z0yFvImZRH
Henry

Re: Modern Family Wins Big at Emmys

Postby Kings » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I watched a bit of the Emmy's as well. I was glad to see Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul both winning their respective categories for their characters in Breaking Bad. That is one wicked show!
Cheers,
Kings
Canadian Web Hosting
Kings
CWH Staff

Re: Modern Family Wins Big at Emmys

Postby JCMunoz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 am

Well deserved - best comedy on TV!
JCMunoz

Return to The Lounge