Problem with RSS feeds from Cdn Web Hosting

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

Problem with RSS feeds from Cdn Web Hosting

Postby bcjewel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:14 pm

I have installed an RSS feed modification to my phpbb forum and have also used Fantastico to install both Wordpress and Nucleus blogging softwares. I have no problem getting these programs set up and producing rss feed pages, but I do have a problem in that none of them send the notification out to the news feed services (i.e. pingomatic). I have subscribed to my feeds via bloglines, but never get notifications of new posts, even though the new posts are there when I click on the feed inside bloglines. The only commonality between the phpbb RSS feed, the Wordpress RSS feed and the Nucleus RSS feed is that they are all hosted on Canadian Web Hosting. Is there some setting that is not set that allows the feeds to be sent out to the news aggregators?

My test site is http://www.scrapbookingswede.com/blog. I know you don't support the software, but I think this is a server setting issue. Any suggestions?
bcjewel

Postby shivin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:41 am

Not much onto this programming stuff.
Well, any updates from the support forum for ur blog ?
shivin

Postby bcjewel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:01 am

I did not ever get any response about this, but a day or two after I posted this topic, my RSS feed "magically" started working. I didn't change anything whatsoever, so my assumption is that somebody on the server side changed a setting? I don't know, but it's working now so please don't change anything again!
bcjewel

Postby shivin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:53 am

Glad to know that everything is working fine... :D
please post in a support ticket in case of any emergencies.
shivin

Return to General Help