need limited service...

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

need limited service...

Postby enzo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 am

I am helping a kids' sports team out. They have an existing domain name. The previous hosting contract is expiring. They have moved their website off to teampages.ca and their URL redirects there now. They want to continue that redirect and also support a few email addresses (just forwarding). No website hosting required, pretty simple. Since I already admin two account with you, here would be good. Is that best done as an add-on domain to an existing account, a parked domain, or a new account? I'd prefer to keep it separate so its easier to pass along to someone else eventually. Any options less that $3.95/mo?
Thanks.
enzo

Re: need limited service...

Postby Teo » Tue May 17, 2011 7:05 am

Hello Enzo,

Sorry for the late reply to your question. There is several options available for the domain.

One option is to use Canadian Web Hosting store front for domains, this would allow you to use domain redirect and email forwarding for free. However you must transfer the domain to the store front in order to use the two functions.

The second option is the one mention in your question, by using one of your own account's add-on domain function it would allow you to setup emails and email forwarders for the domain. However this option would be hard to hand over in the future as its maintained and hosted through your existing account.

Third option is best, but will require a hosting plan. This option gives the owners the ability to setup their own web pages, manage their emails however they wish and it gives them full control over the account. This gives you the ability to hand over control to them a little easier down the road. Our cheapest basic plan is $3.95 per month, however I am sure our sales team can arrange a plan and price that will work for you.

Please contact our sales team and we can help you with anyone of the above options.

Regards,
Teo | Customer Support
Sales/Billing - 888.821.7888
Teo
CWH Staff

Return to Pre-Sales Questions