how do i register domain names?

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

how do i register domain names?

Postby lancethunder » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:29 pm

this should be pretty easy to figure out but i dont see anywhere in your interface where i would go to register domain names. can i get some directions?

thanks
lancethunder

Re: how do i register domain names?

Postby Raquel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi,

We don't have that option at this time but you can go ahead and signup an account with us using the domain name you'd like to register. You may select any hosting package and at the end of the order page, add your comment that you only need to register the domain name without hosting. By doing that, we will create an account for you and register your domain name.

You may also send an email to sales@canadianwebhosting.com to further assist you.

Raquel
Customer Support
Raquel

Re: how do i register domain names?

Postby Ken12Cox » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 am

You should need to know importance of domain name. Uncertainty you ever change your web host, your domain name goes with you. Your regular visitors or customers who knew your site name as domain dot com (for example) would not have to be informed about a change of web address (i.e. "URL"). They would simply type your domain name and they'd be brought to your new site.

Step by step instruction:

Reason of a few good domain names that you'd like to use. It won't do to think of only one — it might already be taken (it probably is!). You need to find other domain name.

You will need either a credit card or a PayPal account to pay for the domain. This is a requirement of most if not all registrars. It will allow you to claim and get the domain name immediately on application. This is not an option (unfortunately).

If you already have a web host, obtain from them the names of their primary and secondary name servers. Don't worry if you don't understand what these things mean. Just save the information somewhere. The information can usually be obtained from their FAQs or other documentation on their site, usually under a category like "domain name" or "DNS" or "domain name transfer" and the like. If you can't find it, email them. You'll need the information to point your domain name to your website after you buy your domain.
Ken12Cox

Return to General Help