SSL Certificate expired?

This is a good starting point

SSL Certificate expired?

Postby vballdude » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 am

Hello. I have mail accounts on my account that I have setup for Gmail to fetch. I use the SSL secure connection, but as of Mar. 16 Gmail is complaining that the certificate expired. Then on Mar. 18 it changed to say the error is that it is a self-signed certificate. Gmail requires a valid certificate that chains to a valid CA.

Can someone please look into the status and validity of the certificate used for SSL email connections?

thanks.
vballdude

Re: SSL Certificate expired?

Postby sandeep » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi,

Gmail utilizes different servers for SMTP and POP/IMAP. If you are accessing gmail then you need to contact gmail support.

Gmail certificate seems good though. http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.h ... il.com:465

If you would like us to check it, please send a support ticket with all details ( with logins and URL) so that we can check it from our end.
sandeep

Re: SSL Certificate expired?

Postby tomrichards » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 am

If your SSL certificate expires, your website and email will still continue to function.However, visitors to your website may receive a warning message that your security has expired and may then dissuade the visitor from proceeding to your website.
tomrichards

Return to General Help