Trouble getting webpage to display

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

Trouble getting webpage to display

Postby hamelekim » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:36 am

I changed the index.htm under public_html/www but it doesn't change the page when I go to the url. Am I logged in under the right account? I logged in using my username and it lists 12 folders which include public_html and www. The file I changed is under public_html. When I change the index.htm file it should change the display page when I type in the url for the website, correct?
hamelekim

Postby hamelekim » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:07 am

Ok, I seemed to have got the page to change, but I had to copy the file to both the www and public_html folders... Does it matter which folder I copy the file into? Or are they both referring to the same folder location on the server? Because it didn't seem to work until I copied the file into both folder locations.
hamelekim

Postby hamelekim » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:09 am

Ok, it still won't work when I just type in the url, it just displays that default webpage. I have to physically type in index.htm or index.html after that in order to get the page to display. I want the page to display when I type in just the url.
hamelekim

Postby Fabin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:23 am

If you still have difficulties uploading your files, please open a support ticket specifying your domain name.
Fabin
CWH Staff

Postby hamelekim » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:40 am

No, I am no longer having trouble with that.
hamelekim

Return to General Help