Includes gone?

General help with installation, scripts, etc....

Includes gone?

Postby iharvey » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:52 pm

Help.

Published pitbullmedia.ca to Canadian Hosting from beta site at yahoogoecities.

Everything went well, though I admit I missed the warning about FTP having turned on the FrontPage Extensions. I cancelled halfway through FTPing and switched to HTTP mode.

Things seemed to go well though there was no public_html file

Anyway, I published everything up and it seemed to go well..

Subsequently I notice the front page is not picking up the includes for the header, left, right and footer which it does in test mode on local and was when I tested it at the remote url.

Do I have to delete the entire site and reinstall? I have tried republishing the entire thing....no change.

Help is appreciated since I just started sending out notifications of the second stage of beta testing.. and the site looks bent when you get there....

iharvey

Postby admin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi,

I think you emailed this question to our tech queue.

But if I remember correctly your coding was done referring to your files relative to your computer,

ie. c:\my documents etc.....

I think you got that resolved.

Just remember that when you publish using frontpage, that you use:

http://www.pitbullmedia.ca

cause if you used: ftp://pitbullmedia.ca it will use ftp as the transfer protocol instead of frontpage.

Alan.
admin
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby iharvey » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:11 am

Yes, the problem as it turns out, is that I went into the properties of the home page to add meta tags for search engine pick up (that;'s what you're supposed to do right?) and I entered the web address into the "base" field...or something like that...then I got an error message...and that;s where things went south...

from that point on everything stated to point to my C// drive...and scramble all the includes, links ect.

Very strange.

In the end I delete the home page and recreated it by cut and pasting into my template and then redesignating that page as the new page (index)

I did go back in an add stuff into properties but left the other field alone.

Thanks...for checking back..

the site is up and running and I've been playing with it pending rollout Sept. 1/.

Ian
iharvey

Postby admin » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:06 pm

Good to know everything is working well.

Site looks good.

Alan.
admin
Site Admin

No way

Postby hammer856 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:43 pm

iharvey wrote:Yes, the problem as it turns out, is that I went into the properties of the home page to add meta tags for search engine pick up (that;'s what you're supposed to do right?) and I entered the web address into the "base" field.

It is impossible for that to work, it simply can not be done like that.
hammer856

Return to General Help