Services I require

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

Services I require

Postby Kolten » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 am

I am developing a new ASP site for a client, and require a few specific items to be in place, and I am wondering if you provide them.

1) Forum software. Would like to implement an ASP based forum solution - is this possible?

2) Document uploads. Would like to allow clients to upload documents and videos. Can I use the FileSystemObject within my code? Will be using ASPUpload to perform the operation, but might require some 'finessing' after the file is uploaded.

3) Security certificates - I have never used these, but for secure login to my site's administration panel I would like to use this to protect passwords being sent over the net via clear text. Possible?

4) Email - I understand I can use ASPEmail to send form information.

5) SQL Server - I will require SQL Server - Do you offer more than one Database? I will need one for my website, and one for the forum software. I guess I can just use one database and add tables to it if this is not an option.

6) Multiple domains - As a web developer, multiple domains will be required. Is there a standard amount of Domains you offer, and what is the cost of additional domains per user account?

Thank you for answering my questions. It's great to find a decent Cdn hosting solution.
Kolten

Re: Services I require

Postby jeffrey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Hello,

>>1) Forum software. Would like to implement an ASP based forum solution - is this possible?

We do not have any specific ASP based forum softwares preloaded into our windows hosting packages. However, if you plan on using any such software we can check the server requirements are let you know whether we support it.

>>2) Document uploads. Would like to allow clients to upload documents and videos. Can I use the FileSystemObject within my code? Will be using ASPUpload to perform the operation, but might require some 'finessing' after the file is uploaded.

Yes you will be able to use the ASP FileSystemObject within your code in our servers. ASPUpload will be available too.

>> 3) Security certificates - I have never used these, but for secure login to my site's administration panel I would like to use this to protect passwords being sent over the net via clear text. Possible?

This can be done, but you will have to purchase the Power plan as that is the only plan that comes with a dedicated IP address.

>> 4) Email - I understand I can use ASPEmail to send form information.

Yes, we do have ASPEmail component available in our servers.

>> 5) SQL Server - I will require SQL Server - Do you offer more than one Database? I will need one for my website, and one for the forum software. I guess I can just use one database and add tables to it if this is not an option.

The Standard and Power hosting plans come with the option to have more than one SQL database.

>> 6) Multiple domains - As a web developer, multiple domains will be required. Is there a standard amount of Domains you offer, and what is the cost of additional domains per user account?

If you want to host additional domains within the same hosting account it will be $3.50/m. However, please note that in this case the disk and bandwidth allocation for that account will be shared by the additional domains added to it. If you are looking for a reseller setup please email us at sales@canadianwebhosting.com.

Warm Regards,
Jeffrey
Canadian Web Hosting
jeffrey

Return to Pre-Sales Questions