SSI is not working

This is a good starting point

SSI is not working

Postby cmoset » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 pm

I have a file (conferences.shtml) that includes this line:

<!--#include file="included.txt" -->

The file included.txt is in the same directory as conferences.shtml. I have added these three lines to the top of my .htaccess file:

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes

I've placed this .htaccess file into the root directory of the subdomain in question. But it isn't working--the text that should be included (in this case, just a simple <p> text </p>) is not showing up. I've searched countless tutorials and help forums to no avail. Am I missing something?

(Perhaps significant: the .htaccess file isn't actually visible in the root directory. I know it's there (when I re-upload it via the cPanel File Manager, I get the warning about overwriting an existing file), and I assume it's invisibility is just due to some display setting that I haven't managed to find yet, but thought I'd mention this just in case it rings a bell for someone.)
cmoset

Re: SSI is not working

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 am

For SSI, the method you mentioned looks fine. But in order to investigate is more detail from server end, please open a Support ticket with all the details, URLs, logins, etc. We shall check and reply back to you on this in the ticket.
Ray
Ray

Re: SSI is not working

Postby tomrichards » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 pm

SSL errors are common, you may get while installing, using or purchasing. I've got the error on chrome "SSL Connection Error" and I've found a solution to get rid of it. The following link will explain , how ssl it works and how it can get an error.

https://blog.instantssl.com/2013/10/how ... cate-work/
tomrichards

Return to General Help