differences between hosting & vps account?

This is the place to ask before signup up!
Anyone can post

differences between hosting & vps account?

Postby BPR » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:50 pm

I have been looking for a webpage that shows a comparison between your webhosting service ($3.95 / mo ?) and your VPS service ($25.95 / mo).

Is there a comparison chart that I have missed?

How can I find out what the differences are?
BPR

Re: differences between hosting & vps account?

Postby Kings » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi BPR,

Unfortunately we do not have a page that compares our Shared Web Hosting services to our Virtual Private Server (VPS) plans. Since the two plans are quite different it is difficult to compare the two side-by-side.

Shared Hosting is a great place to start because it is low cost and low maintenance. You don't need to worry about managing a server and can just focus on the options inside your control panel.

Virtual Private Servers give you a dedicated environment to work in allowing you to configure the server as you like with root or administrative access. Resources on these servers are guaranteed and reserved for your server so you know that there will always be a certain level of performance.

If you have any additional questions regarding this please feel free to email us at sales@canadianwebhosting.com or give us a call at 1-888-821-7888.

Cheers,
Kings
Canadian Web Hosting
Cheers,
Kings
Canadian Web Hosting
Kings
CWH Staff

Postby BPR » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:17 pm

How many domains can I host on a shared hosting account?

Can I get a static IP with RDNS support included for a shared hosting account?

Do shared hosting accounts support separation between files and scripts that need to be accessed by only HTTPS and not availalbe for HTTP access?
BPR

Postby Kings » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi BPR,

How many domains can I host on a shared hosting account?
The Shared Web Hosting accounts supported unlimited parked domains and 0/10/unlimited add-on domains for the Lite, Express and Enhanced respectively (http://canadianwebhosting.com/hosting/linux_hosting.asp).

Can I get a static IP with RDNS support included for a shared hosting account?
If you require RDNS, we would only be able to provide it on a VPS plan.

Do shared hosting accounts support separation between files and scripts that need to be accessed by only HTTPS and not availalbe for HTTP access?
No they do not. It would need to be manually set in Apache on a VPS plan.

Cheers,
Kings
Canadian Web Hosting
Cheers,
Kings
Canadian Web Hosting
Kings
CWH Staff

Return to Pre-Sales Questions