How to change the domain name of your web hosting account

For customers who just signed up

How to change the domain name of your web hosting account

Postby Henry » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Question:

Hi, I am changing my business name and I would like to know how to change the domain name of my web hosting account, how do I go about it?

Answer:

Hi, you can change the domain name of your web hosting account in the billing center at this link: https://canadianwebhosting.com/login.asp
(The login information is the same as the control panel if you have not changed it.)

Once you have logged in, select-> Accounts (At the top), change domain name (On the left)

We will send you the update login information once your domain name of your web hosting account has been changed.

Note: The domain name needs to be registered and the name server updated to point to our servers in order for it to be active. (You do not have to worry about this if you have just registered the domain name before submitting the change domain name.)

Also, if that domain name is currently a parked or added on in your control panel, you will need to backup your content and remove it from the control panel before we can change the domain name.

Henry
Customer Service
Henry

Return to Getting Started